General Things to Keep in Mind
- Your screen and my camera don’t always capture the colours exactly as they are. Your items might arrive darker or lighter than you thought. With hand sculpted pieces, each will look slightly different.
- Unless otherwise noted, all jewelry is made of a metal alloy containing nickel or silver plated, so not suitable for people with allergies. If you have a sensitivity to metal I recommend spraying your costume jewelry with clear spray paint.
Care of Costume Jewelry
The thing I love about costume jewelry, is that if it wrecks from improper care or is lost, it’s affordable and not as upsetting to replace. That being said, here are some tips to help your jewelry live a longer life:
- Keep it away from water* to avoid discolouration.
- Put it on last, after perfume, lotion, hairspray and once your skin is dry. These products can cause discolouration and damage the coating on the metal. Sweat also discolours the metal, but hey we’re all hot messes sometimes.
- Ask for help putting it on. Trying to awkwardly one hand clasp a bracelet puts strain on the links.
- Protect it with a coat of clear spray paint or clear nail polish. This also helps if you have a mild sensitivity.
- If it’s silver, wear it! Silver will tarnish over time, but the process is slowed if you’re wearing it often. A little silver polish will remove tarnish.
Shipping prices are set to reflect actual costs of tracked package + shipping materials. I do not make a profit on shipping (and sometimes lose money). I’ve chosen this method rather than increasing the cost of the individual items. Little Mouse on the Prairie is not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail by Canada Post.
Your parcel should arrive in 1-3 weeks, however this is an estimate only. All shipping is done through Canada Post (with the exception of online exclusive items which are shipped through the carriers like DHL). If you are concerned about a shipment please check with them on it’s status first. Many online exclusive items are printed to order and could take longer. Once a package leaves us and is with the carrier, we have as much control and information on it’s status as you do.
Your parcel should arrive in 2-3 weeks, however this is an estimate only.
If you are from overseas and would like to purchase an item, contact me via email and I will invoice you separately.
All sales are final
*Feed it after midnight at your own discretion.